Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is How I Do It

One of the things I always have problem filling up in websites is the 'About Me' slot. It's not that I don't know myself totally... But I don't know how I should be able to deliver everything about me in just short sentences (or paragraphs).
A lot of people would claim that they are this and that, but I don't want to fall in line with them. And I don't also want to fall in line with those people (or posers) who try so hard to be apart of the society--those who claim that they are different.
Take note of this: everyone is different in his and her own ways. You don't need to eat insects to say you're weird. You don't need to wear black to say you're a goth. You don't need to wear glasses and say you're cool.. or blind. All you have to do is BE YOURSELF. So I don't care if I'm in line with any of the two (the commoners or the others), I just do what I do.
I've been in that stage when I want to be everything----a superhero, a salesclerk, an assassin, an astronaut, an anime, a celebrity, a musician, or a mentally disturbed person (this one's a dream come true right now!!). But I stopped dreaming. No, it's not that I don't dream or I'm not doing anything to do something for myself. Just being me is enough to say that I'm different, I'm weird and I'm GREAT.
I am so GREAT in just being MYSELF. It even irks me to hear people to tell me to be this and that and to do this and not do that when they couldn’t even point out what wrong it causes to other people.
One of my mottos in life: As long as I don't step on other people's dreams, I do what I want.
But going back to our topic, I don't need to be the best there is. I don't aim for anything--so for all those people who keep on seeing me as a challenge, I am putting you down now. You may become the best musician, author, blogger, dancer, student, friend, director, or anything you want to become--it's all yours. The fans are all yours, the friends are all yours, the fame is all yours.
It's enough for me to say that I'm the BEST JAMES there is. And this James right here is going to be something Great (AMBISYOSO!!!), something nobody else could follow.... of course, there is only one me. Nobody can be the next me. There will never be.